The transition from fossil fuels to carbon neutral energy sources is a task of global proportions and will one day be seen as one of the greatest engineering and ingenuity feats of human history.
Broadly speaking, the Energy Transition is defined as building the path of the global energy sector away from fossil fuels toward lower- or zero-carbon alternatives. There are many facets to the Energy Transition including:
- Creating infrastructure for less carbon intensive transition fuels such as natural gas and Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) for global trade.
- Building modern, lower carbon refineries or upfitting existing refineries with new technology for the gasoline and diesel powered vehicles that are on the market today
- Developing and building the infrastructure needed for the hydrogen economy
- Developing and executing next generation nuclear energy in Small Modular Reactors (SMRs).
- Closing and transitioning coal energy plants to clean energy, including SMRs and solar
- Building utility scale renewable energy plants including solar farms and wind farms.
- Developing and building Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) that store energy from wind and solar for distribution on power grids.
The energy transition is simple but not easy. It’s simple because the road map to cleaner energy is clear, but it’s not easy because to change the global energy infrastructure is an undertaking on an epic scale and will take significant investment, time, and institutional knowledge of engineering and construction to move it forward.
AMECO is proud to serve the owners and engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) firms that are developing and building the future of energy infrastructure in North America. With more than 75 years supporting capital construction on projects like building and refurbishing power plants, building liquefied natural gas terminals and export facilities, and complex advanced manufacturing facilities, we understand what it takes to build epic scale projects.
Unleash the Force
StrikeForce is complete management of your Site Services. From pre-planning to onsite execution to wrapping it all up and hauling it away when construction is complete – StrikeForce enables your crews to concentrate fully on the job at hand.
Experts in Your Industry and Your Site
Instead of relying on generalists who learn the complexities of your industry on the fly, AMECO has experienced energy transition experts who guide the process. We’ll ensure that what arrives onsite is tailored to exactly what your project –and your team – needs
Do More with OnSite IQ
OnSite IQ is the human intelligence and processes that powers the complex world of comprehensive Site Services. Since handling project execution complexity is integral on complex jobsites, choose the partner who understands it best.