More than 75 Years of Site Services® Experience
- 1945Robert "Bob" W. McKenna, Senior and his father-in-law, A.I. Friedman, began buying surplus supplies from the U.S. government and founded the resale company under the name Star Sales in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- 1945Star Sales, later renamed F&M MAFCO, began selling tools and supplies to Babcock & Wilcox, a customer AMECO continues to support to this day.
- 1947Daniel Equipment Division was founded. It began as a warehouse operation in a garage off of Main Street in Greenville, South Carolina behind Daniel Construction Company’s corporate office. Soon after WWII, the office began overflowing, and the warehouse space was converted into offices.
"The Warehouse" was moved to a new location at the edge of town on Piedmont Road.
- 1950s"The Warehouse" was used to store equipment between jobs. It later became American Equipment Company’s first location in Greenville, South Carolina.
By the mid-1950s, Daniel Construction Company was a leader in construction in the South. Its slogan was “Builder in and of the South.”
- 1963Daniel Construction celebrated its 29th anniversary. A concrete weight known as a headache ball was painted with “Daniel 29 Years” and suspended from a crane at the Daniel Equipment Division facility. It could be seen for miles throughout Upstate South Carolina.
- 1969Daniel International Corporation became a publicly held company.
Daniel Equipment Division moved to the current AMECO headquarters location on the corner of Anderson Road and Washington Avenue in Greenville, South Carolina. The building contained 30,000 square feet of divisional offices, departmentalized central repair shops, and inside storage.
- 1971American Equipment Company was established and began to operate as part of Daniel International Corporation.
- 1975Tool Service Company, a subsidiary of American Equipment Company, was launched. The company was later reorganized back into AMECO.
- 1977Fluor Corporation acquired Daniel Construction Company, and the company was renamed Fluor Daniel. With Fluor’s purchase of Daniel Construction Company, American Equipment Company established a facility in Houston, Texas.
- 1980F&M MAFCO, after outgrowing several home office and warehouse locations around Cincinnati, opened a location in Harrison, Ohio. This office and operations facility continues to be a major AMECO hub in the Midwest United States.
- 1983American Equipment Company merged with Fluor’s equipment division, FluorPort.
- 1984American Equipment Company was awarded a contract with a major Texas utility and opened a location in Tyler, Texas. The award has become a long-standing client relationship that supports over 50 different power generation sites to this day.
- 1987American Equipment Company expanded to Puerto Rico, its first expansion outside the continental United States.
- 1990American Equipment Company expanded into Canada, its first expansion outside of the United States, with the opening of a facility in Leduc, Alberta to support a major petrochemical project.
- 1991American Equipment Company began facility operations and shutdown and turnaround support for Canada’s largest oil refinery, a relationship that continues today.
- 1995American Equipment Company embarked on a large global expansion with operations in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and the Philippines.
- 1997American Equipment Company employees celebrated a global safety milestone of 10 million safe work hours, signifying safety as the foundation of our company culture.
- 1999American Equipment Company unveiled a new company name and brand, AMECO.
- 2001AMECO expanded into Jamaica, serving the country’s largest brewery as well as Jamaica Cable & Wireless, a client relationship that was maintained until Jamaica operations were divested in 2020.
- 2005AMECO established three global regions, North America and the Caribbean, Latin America, and Africa and the Middle East.
- 2011AMECO successfully completed its support of American and allied troops in Iraq. AMECO provided vehicles and equipment to support allied bases in the region.
- 2012AMECO expanded further into the Africa and Middle East region with the acquisition of ServiTrade, an equipment company that serves energy and oil and gas projects in Mozambique.
- 2014AMECO built a new corporate headquarters building adjacent to the existing facility in Greenville, South Carolina.
- 2019AMECO began sitewide support of the largest energy investment in Canada history on a Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) project in Kitimat, British Columbia. AMECO continues to support the EPC joint venture and its subcontractors by providing tools, scaffolding, equipment, and other Site Services to the project today.
- 2020AMECO completed its support of an ethane cracker and derivatives construction project on the Lake Charles Chemical Complex Westlake, Louisiana, where we provided fully maintained construction equipment and vehicles, fueling, PPE and supplies, and onsite support labor to the EPC company and its subcontractors.
- 2021One Equity Partners purchased AMECO North America operations from Fluor, establishing AMECO as a privately owned, independent company and renewing its mission as a Site Services company.
- 2021AMECO opened an operations facility in Baton Rouge, Louisiana to support operating sites and capital construction projects throughout Louisiana and the U.S. Gulf Coast.
- 2022AMECO acquired F&M MAFCO, extending its geographic reach to provide unmatched onsite solutions to construction and maintenance industry challenges.
- 2022AMECO celebrated 75 years of providing Site Services and simplifying site execution complexities for Owners and Contractors.
- 2023AMECO and F&M MAFCO combine under the AMECO name and unveil a new logo, website and strategic brand.
Contact a Site Services Expert